Rose: in the October Flower Agenda
The Queen of Flowers presents herself in all her glory during October. The incomparable beauty of the rose makes her a special guest for all occasions and interiors.
Shapes and colours
Red, white, yellow, pink, purple, orange and green. Bright or pastel, bicoloured or multicoloured. Big blooms, small blooms, short stems, long stems, single or spray. When you’re feeling especially romantic, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer choice of roses on offer, and every year new varieties are presented. What about a grassheart rose?
Care tips for customers
Tips for customers to ensure that they can enjoy their roses for a long time:
– Give roses a clean vase with clean water.
– Add cut flower food to the water for a longer vase life.
– Cut or trim 3 to 5 cm off the stems diagonally with a clean sharp knife or secateurs.
– Make sure there are no leaves dangling in the water.
– Where possible leave the thorns on the stems.
– Regularly top the vase up with tap water
– Don’t place roses in a draught, in full sunlight or near a source of heat or a fruit bowl.